This is a hilarious old New Yorker article from 2005 about a middle aged white guy named Russell Jones. If you’re unaware, Russell Jones was also the real name of now deceased rapper Ol’ Dirty Bastard.
Fans and friends alike would call to say hello, and even though Jones would explain to them he was not the Russell Jones they were looking for, they would often still ask that he give ODB a message.
One time Method Man called:
“This is Method.” Methane? Methadone?
“Yo, Rusty, how you been, we need to get together.”
“I’m Russell Jones but not who you think I am.”
A pause. “O.K., well, tell my man to call me.”
- the-adebisi-wombosi-identity likes this
- travistylerva reblogged this from minusmanhattan
- travistylerva likes this
- windupbirdsongs reblogged this from minusmanhattan and added:
- cyborgcap likes this
- vagabondcharm likes this
- skarpi likes this
- expectdelay reblogged this from minusmanhattan
- minusmanhattan posted this